Preserving Flanged Pipe Spools
Pipe spool cleanliness is paramount for pipe spools associated with rotating equipment, process critical fluid codes, and stainless-steel pipe. Keeping the flange face protected, and the pipe spool clean/dry/closed, will reduce flange refacing and excessive spool cleaning later.
- Leaf blower
- Soft Bristle wire brush or Scotch Brite pad
- Project approved rust remover
- Project approved cleaner/degreaser P3 GIT
- multiNUTS/Zip Ties/Bolts
- Blow out debris/water from pipe spool using a leaf blower
- Remove/clean any flange face surface rust using project approved rust remover
- Remove residual rust remover using project approved cleaner/degreaser
- Inspect flange face using P3 GIT using PCC-1 criteria
- Apply flangeDOT+VCI if in storage or laydown, or flangeDOT+VCI+Tag if at work front
- Apply correct size flangeCORR (medium impact protection) or a flangeBUMPER ( high impact protection) using multi-NUTS, zip ties, or bolts.
*Ensure manufacturers short/long term preservation and storage procedures are followed... Follow OEM recommendations where possible*