Preserving Packaged Equipment- Skids
Packaged Equipment can contain a variety of equipment, valves, motors/pumps, exchangers, piping, etc.
- Nitrogen or Vapor phase corrosion inhibitor such as Cortec VpCI-337
- Cortec VpCI-368 to coat machined surfaces
- VCI/VpCI Vapor Detection Test Kit
- Compatible grease for pumps and motors such as Cortec CorrLube and Cortec M531/ISO 32 mixture
- Straps to rotate driven equipment
- Power cord/power supply
- Cortec VpCI-105 or Cortec-111 Emitters
- flangeDOT+VCI or flangeDOT+Tag+VCI
- flangeBUMPER, flangeBUMPER+Gasket
- Monthly-Check equipment for N2 purge(re-purge as necessary) or vapor phase corrosion inhibitor viability using Corte VpCI detection kits. Ensure all flanged pipe ends are covered with flangeDOT+VCI/flangeDOT+Tag+VCI and flangeBUMPER if vapor phase corrosion inhibitor is used for corrosion mitigation.
- Clean coat all exposed machined surfaces with Cortec VpCI-368 and check monthly.
- Ensure motors/pumps have grease/oil present. If motors/pumps will not be placed in use for an extended period of time, install preservation grease such as Cortec CorrLube or if oil is required (ISO-32/Cortec M-531 at 95-5 mixture) as required by the manufacturer and rotate 10 ½ turns monthly
- Install emitter (Cortec VpCI-105/111) in all junction boxes and panels
- Connect all space heaters/anti-condensation heaters to power supply per vendors recommendation
- Yearly-Meger motors and change oil in driven equipment
- Monthly-Inspect packaged equipment/skids for signs of damage…ensure skid drains are open and not plugged. Inspect installed valves